The Bohol Bee Farm is a nature-themed resort located in Dao, Dauis, Bohol. It offers a unique and lush green environment, where guests can commune with nature. Several kinds of trees abound the area, even right outside one’s room window with vines clinging / climbing its branches. Birds and lizards can be found in the area also from time to time. Bohol Bee Farm is one of the destinations during the Panglao Island Tour.
The resort is located in a cliff area, but has a swimming area accessible by a flight of stairs. It has swimming pools, both for kids and adults and a jacuzzi.
Organic Food Offerings
Bohol Bee Farm commits itself to promoting organic farming, thus offering and developing unique and eco-friendly line of food-products for a sound and healthy body.
A must in the resort is the organic salad – composed of romaine lettuce, turnips, mustard greens and indigenous flowers topped with honey mustard dressing.
The sumptuous breakfast offered by the resort is also popular among its guests. Servings include mango pancakes with homemade honey-cured ham, eggs with assorted fresh herbs, camote bread with with honey spread and fresh fruit juice. Organic red rice is usually being offered also.
Their ice-cream is likewise a must try , its healthy and very delicious.
Organic Farming in Practice
Obviously visible around the resort are potted herbs and vegetables. This is part of their organic food production. Oregano, dill, fennel, celery, basil, spearmint, pandan, magic rose, lemon grass, peppermint, parsley, aloe vera, stevia are among several others they are planting and are usually harvested for use of resorts food offering / serving.
The resort is practicing vermiculture, using mostly their waste products mixed with animal manure for vermicompost and then using it as fertilizers after 6 months. They are also practicing companion planting for pest control and minimize damage to the herbs and vegetables that they are planting.
Food and Product Sources / Suppliers
Aside from the farm / garden within the resort, Bee Farm buys organic produce from several towns around Bohol for the needs and demands of their guests and customers.
- Loboc – salabat powder and ginger for ginger tea.
- Dauis – source of lemongrass, corn and coconuts
- Calape – supplies cassava products which in the local dialect we call CABCAB. Products such as ice cream cones, vegetarian chips and those that the resort use for fresh lumpia wrapper and deep fried crunchy appetizers.
- Carmen – supplies organic red rice and organic black rice, both products are served and sold at the resort.
- Jagna – source of organic vegetables such as lettuce, onions, garlic, tomatoes, string beans, upo, carrots, raddish and fruits such as banana, avocado and pineapples.
- Danao – provides organic romaine lettuce, lemonsito and tomatoes.
- Panglao – fresh catch of the day for seafood dishes such as fish, squid, shrimps, crabs and clams.
- Ubay – source of dairy products such as milk and carabao cheese which are used for salad, pizza and shakes.
Livelihood Project and Native Products
Aside from organic food-line, Bohol Bee Farm is also involved in livelihood and production of native crafts like raffia, hats, bags, curtains, placemats, table runners and seasonal decors.
- Traditional Hilot (Massage)
- Back Massage
- Foot Massage
- Foot Spa
- Foot Spa
- A taste of everything package (Hair Care, Facial Care, Body Scrub, Hilot)
- Body Scrub with Hilot
You can enjoy the above pampering at the spa located at the edge of the cliff thus offering breathtaking view of the sea. Their expert and friendly therapists can give you body and massage treatments for physical and spiritual healing experience.
Bohol Bee Farm
Dao, Dauis, Bohol, Philippines 6339
(63 38) 502 2288 / (63 38) 510 1822