Painitang Bol-anon – is a premier snack place at the heart of Tagbilaran City. Located at the Tagbilaran City Square, it is a very accessible place for local customers and tourists wanting to try local delicacies made from produce of Boholano farmers. Jojies Painitang Bol-anon prides itself in its effort of supporting the local farmers.
Among the notable and delicious offering of Painitang Bol-anon are:
- Biko Dukot
- Cassava Cake
- Hot Choco
- Puto Balanghoy
Most of its products and food offerings are made from cassava, sticky rice, sweet potato, taro (gabi) and ube usually mixed with coconut extracts.
Boholano All Day Breakfast (Launched October 18, 2011)
Despite being varied in a multitude of ways, we believe that the food we greatly enjoyed before defines our culture and heritage. And we trust that the uniqueness of our offering mirrors the distinctness of the Boholano people. This launch is all about our effort to promote our local food to bring out fond memories forged over meals and instill our old favorites onto the new generation.
- Kosahos Kabaw
- Kosahos Baboy
- Spanish Style Sardines
- Piniritong Inun-unang Tulingan
Some Nutrition / Health Facts as Posted in Painitang Bol-anon:
- Tsokolate / Tablea / Sikwate – tsokolate / sikwate or pure hot chocolate is made from tableya or cocoa beans that have been dried, roasted, ground and then made into cone-shaped pieces resembling Bohol’s Chocolate Hills.
- Contains high level of flavonoids that reduce blood pressure and improve blood flow, benefiting heart and other organs like the brain, thus having important implications for learning and memory.
- Contains catechins, powerful anti-oxidants that fight against cancer-causing cells and help prevent heart disease, has twice the antioxidants of red wine and three times the antioxidants found in green tea.
- Contains magnesium, iron, chromium, Vitamin C, Zinc.
- Corn Coffee
- High in fiber and has no cholesterol or preservatives
- Does not contain caffeine
- Good source for thiamine, vitamin B5, folate, dietary fiber, vitamin C, phosphorus and manganese
- Folate-rich diets reduce risk of colon cancer and heart attacks; Thiamine helps brain cell / cognitive function and needed for memory neurotransmitter
- Muscovado Sugar or Kinugay
- Pure, whole, unrefined and non-centrifugal cane sugar.
- Wholesome and healthy food sweetener as it has calcium, phosphorus, iron, potassium and sodium.
- Comparable to pure bees sugar.
- Sweet Potato
- Rich in antioxidants, identified as anti-aging nutrients phytochemicals which neutralizes free radicals
- Contains proteins, lipids, carbohydrates, calcium, iron, phosphorus, Vit A and Vit C.
- Very rich in starch and contains significant amounts of calcium, dietary fiber, iron, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, vitamin B6 and vitamin C.
- Lowers bad cholesterol thus reduces cardiovascular diseases, colon cancer and helping control diabetes.
- Support the nervous system.
Jojie’s Painitang Bol-anon
Tagbilaran City Square, Ingles St., Tagbilaran City
Bohol, Philippines 6300
View Larger Map
Driving directions to City Square Business Center, Tagbilaran City
1. Head south on Airport Road toward Benigno Aquino Ave, 180 m
2. Turn left onto Airport Road/Benigno Aquino Ave, 300 m
3. Take the 1st right onto Carlos P. Garcia Ave, 750 m
4. Turn right onto Palma Street, 350 m
5. Turn left onto C. Gallares Street, 700 m
6. Turn left onto Honorio Grupo Street, 130 m
7. Continue onto Ingles St
8. Destination will be on the left